Saturday, October 24, 2009

indigo heart

" We were the last line of defense, the afterthought when it came to firepower. We were supposed to pick off the random lucky G who happened to slip through The giant bitchslap of our heavier stuff. Maybe one in three of us was expected to fire his weapon, one in every ten was expected to score a kill. They came by the thousands, spilling out over the freeway guardrails, down the side streets, around the houses, through them ... so many of them, their moans so loud they echoed right through our hoods."

[The cigarette has burned down to his fingers. He drops and crushes it without noticing.]

I did my best to control my fire, and my sphincter, "lust go for the head," I kept telling myself. "Keep it together, just go for the head." And all the time my SAW's chattering "Die motherfucker die." We could have stopped them, we should have, one guy with a rifle, that's all you need, right? "There's too many!" "We gotta get the fuck outta here!" Someone from another platoon, I didn't know his name, started hollering "I hit him in the head and he didn't die! They don't die when you shoot them in the head!"


excerpt from WORLD WAR Z,
An Oral History of the Zombie War.
Max Brooks.



world war z is a class act.
a book that must be read.
even if it involves half the world dying within the book.
even when the droves start squirming on the seabeds.
eating whales.


go look for it.
it's a free pdf book.

darn.
tee's a week more.



i'll always be yours my love.
and.. he'll even wear a coat in summertime for her.
just the way she likes it.
haha. X)

and hey.
wo ai ni. =)

No comments: